So you’ve got some pretty cool new stock for your online store – bonza!
Once you’ve got that sparkly item beautifully photographed and loaded safely in your Spiffy Store, it’s time to go to town with your marketing.
You don’t have to have a big marketing budget to promote your new product online.
Here are 19 ideas that will cost you nothing but a little bit of your time.
- Post a photo of your new product on your Facebook page, linking directly back to the product page on your store
- Tweet that cool photo and link out on your Twitter account
- Post the image and link on your Pinterest page
- Post the image and link on your Google+ page
- Make a creative photo on Instagram
- Write an update for your LinkedIn company page
- Take a short video of the product on your smartphone and load it onto your YouTube channel
- Post the video out on your other social networks too
- Use a #hashtag on social media whenever you mention your new product. For example, #shoes or #goldsandals.
- Post on social media more than once. If you do it just once, it may get lost in the noise of the newsfeed.
- Feature the product in your next newsletter
- Mention it in your email signature with a link
- Write a blog post about it. If it’s something to wear, you could discuss different ways to wear it. Remember to use the product name in the page title and headline.
- Write a traditional press release and post it on PR sites like Newsmaker. If you’re not sure how to do that, check out my post on how to write a press release.
- Monitor sourcebottle.com for free publicity opportunities and giveaway requests that would fit your product. You can sign up for alerts on the site.
- Search for popular blogs in your niche (fashion, lifestyle etc) using Google Blog Search or Alltop and send the blogger some information about your product along with some nice images. They might feature it.
- When you ship your new product, invite your customers to post a snap of them using it on social media with a #hashtag so you can follow the activity
- Slip a note about the new item into the package when you ship other goods
- Add a note and link in your automated emails to check out the new product in the store
There you go. A bunch of online marketing ideas for you that don’t cost a cent!