Using NZ Post Shipping
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Spiffy Stores links in with New Zealand Post to calculate the cost of shipping an item to your customer based on the weight of items in their cart. To add a New Zealand Post shipping rate, go to the "Preferences >> Shipping & handling" section of your Store Toolbox, and follow the instructions below.
Enabling New Zealand Post as a shipping agent
If you haven't already enabled New Zealand Post as a shipping provider, go to the "Preferences >> Shipping & handling" section of your Store Toolbox, and follow the instructions below.
- Click on the "Add a shipping agent" button in the top right of the "Shipping & handling" page
- From the list of available shipping agents, click the Activate button in the New Zealand Post section
- Select the services from New Zealand Post that you want to offer to your customers, then click the Activate button. Currently, the following services are supported;
- Parcel Post (Domestic)
- Parcel Post Fast (Domestic)
- Parcel Post Tracked (Domestic)
- International Economy Parcel
- International Air Parcel
- International Economy Courier Parcel
- International Express Courier Parcel
Creating a weight-based shipping rate using New Zealand Post
- Click on the "Add a weight-based rate" link under the country that you want to add a new shipping rate for.
- Name your shipping rate. This name appears in your checkout when a customer places an order, so generally you would write the carrier that it's being shipped by, for instance "New Zealand Post".
- Add the weight range that this postage rate applies to. The first box is the starting (lowest) weight that applies for this weight range. The second box is the ending (highest) weight that applies for this weight range. Note that the New Zealand Post maximum rate is 25kg.
Note: In order for the weight range to apply to the current contents of the shopping cart, the weight of the cart must be greater than the lowest value in the range, but less than or equal to the highest value in the weight range.
- Select the shipping agent that applies to this shipping rate by clicking the link "Switch to a Shipping Agent rate calculator", then choose "New Zealand Post" as your shipping agent.
- Choose whether you want to add a handling fee. If you want to charge a customer for packing up the item and so on, you can now add a handling fee. This amount is just added to the shipping cost in the checkout. It's not displayed as a separate handling fee.
- Adjust your shipping rate by a percentage amount. If you want to charge a little extra (or a little less) for your shipping to cover costs, you can adjust the calculated shipping fee by a percentage amount. This also allows you to compensate for any errors in rates that a shipping carrier might return.
- Set your fall-back option. If for any reason the shipping carrier fails, you can set a default rate or set it to ignore that carrier.
- Click the "Save Rate" button.
When you use shipping dimensions for your variations, you will need to remember to ensure that they conform with the minimum and maximum values as specified by New Zealand Post.
For further information on Parcel Dimensions, please refer to the Parcel dimensions page on the New Zealand Post web site.