From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Before you start to design a theme, please ensure that you are familiar with the basic workings of the Spiffy Stores themes. An overview is available at How do Themes work?
If you decide to design your own theme, then you can load one of our standard themes from the Theme Gallery to get started with. Please note that many of our standard themes have built-in customization that will allow you to change colours and upload your own custom images. You may find that you can customize one of these themes using the Theme Editor rather than designing your own theme from scratch.
Once you've downloaded one of the standard themes, unzip the theme file and then you can set about modifying the templates and stylesheets with your favourite HTML editor.
When you’ve finished creating and testing your new theme, create a zip file of the theme files and upload it through the "Design & Assets" section of the Toolbox.
Detailed information on how to create a customizable theme can be found here
Every theme is going to need some menus.
Your Spiffy Store supports a range of different menu options, from simple static menus, to fully-fledged dynamic drop-down menus.
- How to Make Single-level Menus using linklists.list
- How to Make Multi-level Menus using linklists.menu_simple
- How to Make Drop-down Menus using linklists.menu
- Product Customizations
- The Spiffy Theme Guide
- How to enable Google Analytics
- Complying with Google Checkout's Button Placement Requirements
- Customising Lightbox
- How to export Products For Google Base
- How To Display An Image
- How To Navigate Within A Collection
- Extended Logic For Product Pages
- Asking your customer for additional information
- Using your Blog's RSS Feed
- Using Dreamweaver to edit your store theme
- Theme Customizations