How to configure Outlook 2011 on OSX
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Setting Up Outlook 2011 on OS X
This tutorial will help you to configure Outlook 2011 on OSX to download and send mail using your Spiffy Stores email account.
For other email software, refer to How to set up your email program to access your Spiffy Stores mailboxes
Note: In these instructions, yourstore refers to the name given to your Spiffy Store, and this is the name that appears in your spiffystores.com domain name. For example, if your store is called sellmore, then your Spiffy Stores domain name will be sellmore.spiffystores.com.
Please Note: We provide online tutorials to help you configure your email software as a courtesy. However, our support staff are unable to provide any support on how to use or configure third-party software on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. We will provide support for any issues relating to the software and services on our servers, but you will need to contact the software manufacturer or visit their relevant online support pages for help with the software that they provide.
To set up Outlook 2011:
- To open Outlook, click its icon in the Dock or browse to the Outlook application inside "Macintosh HD" then "Applications".
If this is the first time you have set up Outlook, you will be prompted to set up a new Mail account, if you are, skip to step 3, otherwise please continue to step 2.
- Go to the "Tools" menu at the top then select "Accounts".
- You’ll see the Accounts window. Click E-mail Account.
- You’ll see the Enter your account information window. Fill in your email settings as follows:
Email address: Enter your email address. If you're also using a custom domain name in your store, you can enter the email address that you want people to see when you send them email, e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org". If you don't have your own domain name, just use the "yourstore.spiffystores.com" domain name. Password: Enter the password you set up for your email account. User Name: Your username should be your full Spiffy Stores email address as it appears in your store toolbox on the "Preferences >> Email Accounts" page, e.g. "email@example.com". Type: POP Incoming server: mail.spiffystores.com Incoming server port: 995 Override default port: Ticked Use SSL to connect: Ticked Outgoing server: mail.spiffystores.com Outgoing server port: 465 Override default port: Ticked Use SSL to connect: Ticked
- You’ll see a dialog box asking whether to allow Microsoft Outlook to access your confidential information stored in your Mac OS X keychain. The reason Microsoft Outlook wants to access the keychain is to store your user name and password for accessing incoming and outgoing email. Click the Always Allow button. This allows Outlook to store the user name and password now, and also retrieve it each time you attempt to receive or send messages.
NOTE: If you click the Allow or Deny buttons, you’ll have to enter your email password manually each time you want to send and receive messages..
- That takes you back to the Accounts window, and your newly created account is listed at the left side of the window.
Microsoft Outlook automatically adds the Account description, but we recommend changing Outlook’s default entry to your mail address so you can easily identify which account corresponds to which email address if you have multiple accounts in Outlook.
Now click the More Options… button below the Outgoing server.
- In the More Options window, change the popup menu for Authentication to Use Incoming Server Info, then click the OK button to return to the Accounts window. Close the Accounts window to return to the main Outlook email window. You’re now ready to send and receive email.