Adelaide ecommerce theme - Displaying featured collections on your home page
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
The Adelaide theme allows you to include up to 10 featured collections on your home page. The featured collections area resizes for different devices, and looks gorgeous on tablets and phones.
Select your featured collections in the Design & assets -> Theme editor section of your store's Toolbox. This can be found in the Home Page - Sections section.
Selecting your featured collections
Edit your featured collections in the Design & assets -> Theme editor section of your store's Toolbox. Scroll down on this page until you find the section called Home Page - Sections.
You will find the following options...
- Featured collections - Your options are "Hide this section", "Display Featured Collections", or "Menu called Featured Collections".
- Hide this section - Hide the section
- Display Featured Collections - shows a maximum of 10 collections from your store
- Menu called "Featured Collections" - To use this option, you'll need to create a menu called "Featured Collections", and add links to your collections. This will then be displayed in the Featured Collections area.
- Featured collections title - The title that appears above your featured collections. If you don't want a title there, leave this field blank.
Select your options, scroll down and click the Save Settings button.
Choosing which collections to display
- Go to the "Store menus" tab in your store's Toolbox
- Click the "Add a new menu" button in the top right of your screen, and create a menu called "Featured Collections".
- Your new empty menu should appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Add new Menu Item" link in your new menu.
- In the "Name of new Menu Item:" field, enter the text that you want to appear for this image.
- For the "This Menu Item links to:" field, select "Product collection"
- A new field will appear to the right that lists your product collections. Select the collection you want to display
- Click the "Add menu item" button to save.
- Repeat steps 6 through 10 for every collection you want to display on the page.
- Go to your theme Editor, and choose the Menu called "Featured Collections" option to make these collections show up.
- Save your changes and preview your store
Uploading a collection image to display instead of a product image
You can also upload images to display for your collection, rather than the first products in your collection.
- Go to the "Collections" section of your Toolbox
- Click on the collection name that you want to upload an image for
- Upload your image/s in the "Collection Images" section. It's better if you upload 2 images, as the second image is displayed when you mouse over the image.