From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Spiffy Stores uses the Silverlight Plugin in our Toolbox software to facilitate the display of your store's statistics, image resizing and image uploading. Sometimes there are issues with the plugin, so we have created this page to assist store owners resolving problems with Silverlight on their computer. We'll update this page on an ongoing basis when we are notified of any issues.
Problems on Safari 7 on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Apple "Mavericks" OS X 10.9 includes a new version 7 of its Safari Internet browser. New Macs include the Mavericks OS X and current users of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later can upgrade to Mavericks for free.
For an extra level of security, Safari 7 automatically sandboxes all plug-ins (such as Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight), but it also includes a new plug-in manager for user control.
The plug-in manager allows users to enable or disable plug-ins either on a per website basis (such as for your store's Toolbox) or globally.
To set Safari 7 to allow the Silverlight plug-in to run specifically to support Toolbox functions:
- Open your store's Toolbox in Safari
- In the top left of Desktop, next to the Apple icon, click "Safari"
- Under Safari select Preferences
- Select Security
- Click on the "Manage Website Settings" button
- Click on Silverlight in the list of available plug-ins on the left
- On the right, select the address of your store's site
- Click "Run in Unsafe Mode" to give Silverlight access to computer resources
- Click Done.
Sandbox Note: Sandboxing is a security mechanism to tightly control access to computer memory and operating system resources for unknown or untrusted code or websites. Changing these settings doesn't compromise your security settings at all, as they only apply to your store's Toolbox.