Melbourne ecommerce theme - Displaying an Instagram feed on your home page
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
From the Theme Settings > Home Page - Instagram widget section, you can enable the Instagram Widget to display Instagram images on your shop's home page.
Enabling the Instagram feed in your store
- Go to the Design & Assets -> Theme editor section, and scroll down to the Home Page - Instagram widget section
- Instagram Widget Title is the title that appears above your Instagram feed on your home page
- Enter your Instagram username. It's important to only enter your Instagram username without any special characters. Please do not include the @ symbol with your username or the URL to your Instagram profile.
- Number of Images sets the number of images to show. By default it's 12. It should be 2 or 3 times whatever number you set in the Number of Images to display per row field.
- Number of Images to display per row is how you can make your Instagram images bigger or smaller. The higher the number, the smaller the images are, and the more that are displayed in the row.
Does your theme editor show Client ID and token fields?
The theme has been updated so that these are no longer required. You should update your theme to the latest version if your Instagram feed isn't working.
Pictures out of alignment?
The Instagram feed in this theme supports only square images. To modify your feed so that only square images are used, follow the instructions below.
- Go back to https://www.instagram.com/developer/clients/manage/
- Click on the Manage button
- Click the Migrations tab
- Un-tick the Non square media option
- Click the Update Client button