Editing your email templates
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Your store comes with a number of email templates. These emails are sent out to you, your staff, or your customers, depending on the event (e.g. "you have a new order," "your order has shipped"), and how you have organized your Notifications.
You can currently edit the following templates;
- Order Confirmation Email that is sent to your customer
- Shipping Confirmation Email that is sent to your customer
- Shipping Update Email that is sent to your customer
- New Order Notification that is sent to the store owner and other subscribed staff
In addition, an email is sent to the "Store Email Address" and a customer when they complete the Contact Us form in your store. These templates are not currently editable, but will be in the future.
Email templates are in both HTML and text format. Although they come ready-made in your store, you may want to customize these email templates. To do so, follow these steps:
- In your store's Toolbox, go to Design & assets > - Email templates section
- Click the template you want to change.
- A window will appear where you can make changes. These changes are made to the text version of your email template.
• First, you can edit the Email subject field
• Then, you can edit the body of the email by editing the Plain text email body field.
- You will also want to edit the HTML version of your template, so click the "Edit Html Version" link and make your updates.
- When you have completed your changes, tick the "Custom Templates are Enabled" checkbox, and click Save.
NOTE: If you want your customer to see any important messages in your emails, you will need to make sure you edit both the text version, and the HTML version of your email template.