Changing to a different theme
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Note: It's important to download a backup of your theme before switching in case you want to switch back. This can be done in the Design & Assets » Upload/download theme section
You can switch themes in the "Design & Assets -> Theme gallery" section of your stores' Toolbox. Before you change themes, you should always download a backup copy of the theme that your store is currently using. This can be done in the "Design & Assets -> Upload/download theme" section.
Once you have selected your new theme, you should go to the "Design & Assets -> Theme editor" section to set up your new theme, and you will definitely need to consult our documentation on your new theme.
Your new theme may include different menu configurations, different slideshow sizes, and different product image size requirements. You should consult our documentation to find all of this out BEFORE you switch themes.
If your store is already live, it's a good idea to create at least one slideshow image BEFORE you switch themes, so you can quickly upload that once you have switched themes. Please consult our documentation for creating slideshow images.
If you do switch themes, and find that you're unable to get your store working in your new theme, please contact us for help, or upload the backup of your theme to switch back to how your store was originally. This can be done in the "Design & Assets -> Upload/download theme" section.
What changes when you switch themes, or update your theme
- The Fresh, Antiqua, Bendigo, Sydney, and Seattle themes include side menus. The Melbourne, Adelaide, Minimal, Vintage, Georgia and Showtime themes do not. They include drop-down menus instead, so you will need to make drop-down menus if you want to use one of those themes. We have instructions on creating drop-down menus for the Vintage theme here, but they are the same for all themes that include drop-down menus.
- All of the themes have different slideshow image size requirements. Some themes do not have slideshows.
- Any social media links that have been set up are wiped out when you change themes.
- Any design modifications that have been made to your theme are wiped out when you change themes.
- Every setting in the "Design & Assets -> Theme editor" section is reset, so you'll need to set up colour schemes, subscribe forms, design preferences etc again.
What doesn't change when you switch themes?
- All of the products, orders, collections, customers and menus remain the same. When you switch themes however, they can be presented differently, which is why it's important to download a backup of your theme before switching in case you want to switch back.