Bendigo Ecommerce Theme - Editing your menus
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
The Bendigo theme can display two menus in the side of the site. These are both configurable in your Theme Editor.
If you're switching to the Bendigo theme from another theme, and have all of your menu items in a different menu, you can select the menus that you want to use in the Side Menus section of your Theme editor. You simply select the menus you want to use and click the Save Settings button.
The side menus are multiple level menus, so sub items are displayed indented under a main item. You should set up your store's menus and collection menus factoring this in.
- Log in to your store's Toolbox and go to the "Store menus" tab
- Scroll down to the "Top Menu" section, and click "Add new Menu Item"
- Type in the name of your menu item
- Select whether you want your menu item to link to a page, product, or collection
- A new list of options will appear. Select the name of your page that you want to link to.
- Click the "Add menu item" button to save.
- Create another menu item the same way you created one above
- Click the "Reorder" link
- Click and drag the item you want to drop down to the right (so it sits directly underneath and to the right of the one above - see example)
- Click "Done reordering"
Previewing your store should show your second item as a drop-down. You can do this with multiple levels, and re-arrange your menus by dragging items up, down, left, or right whilst you're in "re-order" mode.