Adelaide ecommerce theme - Adding featured collections on collection pages
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
It's especially useful to override the default behaviour and display images with links to your featured collections when a customer goes to one of the top level sections of your store. Each of the links can the first 2 products in your collection, or can display the first two images you have specified for that collection in the “Collections” section of your store’s Toolbox.
To add featured collections to a collection page, follow the instructions below.
Adding featured collections to a collection page
- If you haven't already, create the collection and any of the collections you want to feature in your Toolbox.
- Check the handle of your top level collection to make sure that it matches the name of your collection. You do this by editing the collection. (e.g. if your collection is called "Blue Widgets", it's handle should be "blue-widgets").
- Go to the "Store menus" tab in your store's Toolbox
- Click the "Add a new menu" button in the top right of your screen, and create a menu with THE SAME NAME as the collection page you want it to display on.
- Your new empty menu should appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Add new Menu Item" link in your new menu.
- In the "Name of new Menu Item:" field, enter the text that you want to appear for this image.
- For the "This Menu Item links to:" field, select "Product collection"
- A new field will appear to the right that lists your product collections. Select the collection you want to display
- Click the "Add menu item" button to save.
- Repeat steps 6 through 10 for every collection you want to display on the page.
Uploading a collection image to display instead of a product image
You can also upload images to display for your collection, rather than the first products in your collection.
- Go to the "Collections" section of your Toolbox
- Click on the collection name that you want to upload an image for
- Upload your image/s in the "Collection Images" section. It's better if you upload 2 images, as the second image is displayed when you mouse over the image.