Stripe Payment Gateway
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Revision as of 10:47, 5 June 2018 by Admin
The Stripe Payment Gateway allows your customers to enter their payment details in your own checkout… providing a seamless checkout experience, and resulting in less abandoned shopping carts.
Rather than the lengthy application process you go through with most banks to set up a merchant account, Stripe allows you to set up an account, and start selling as soon as you submit their simple account application!
Before Starting: You will need a Stripe account
To enable the Stripe Payment Gateway, you will need to have a Stripe account. If you don't have a Stripe account, click here to sign up, and then return to this page.
Part 1 - Set up the Stripe Payment Gateway in your Spiffy Store
Follow the steps below to enable the Stripe Payment Gateway in your store.
- Log into your Spiffy Store Toolbox
- Go to the "Checkout & payment" page in the Preferences section
- In the "Credit Card Gateways" section, choose "Stripe"
- Select the cards you accept. Please note that if you are in Australia, you cannot accept American Express payments through Stripe at this time.
- Click the "Activate" button.
- Go to Part 2 below
Part 2 - Configure your Stripe Account
- Once you've clicked the "Activate" button in your Spiffy Store, you will be redirected to the Stripe site
- Log in to Stripe (if you haven't already done so) and you will be asked to grant permissions to Spiffy Stores so that we can use their API to configure your account to use Stripe in your Checkout. You may also need to complete some account details for Stripe to approve your account with them.
- Click the "Authorize access to this account" button.
After you've followed the steps above, your Spiffy Store should now be set up to accept payments through the Stripe Payment Gateway. It's likely that Stripe will contact you to follow up if they require any further details for your account.
Stripe currently supports businesses in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and many European countries. You can instantly accept payments from around the world.
Businesses that are based in Australia are able to link an Australian AUD bank account to their Stripe account. When linking an AUD bank account to your Stripe account, we’ll request that you provide your Bank State Branch (BSB) and account numbers. Your BSB number tells us which bank you use, and which branch of that bank your account is located in. Your account number then tells us the specific account where your funds are to be sent.
Your AUD bank account must be based in Australia, and should support BECS transfers (most banks in Australia support this).
For more information about Stripe please feel free to visit the Stripe website at https://stripe.com