Difference between revisions of "Simple Theme - Product page options"
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
(Created page with "<gallery heights="200px" widths="200px" class="right"> File:Melbourne-theme-product-options-display.jpg|Product page options </gallery> The product page consists of many optio...")
Revision as of 14:16, 30 July 2020
The product page consists of many options that can can be enabled or disabled. Please refer to the links below for more information. The image to the right shows where each of the items below is displayed on your product pages.
- Display product type
- Display product vendor
- Display product availability
- Toggle display of the quantity field
- Toggle display of a note field, and edit the text displayed
- Toggle display of a checkbox, and edit the text displayed
- Enable social media sharing such as Facebook, Google +, Twitter and Pinterest buttons
- Display extra content in tabs.
- Toggle display of related products, and edit the text displayed
Editing options on your product page
The options on your product page can be edited in the Design & assets -> Theme editor section of your store's admin area. Scroll down on this page until you find the section called Product pages.
The options available are displayed in this area. Please refer to the links above for specific option information.
Product type, brand, and availability
You can toggle the display of each of these sections. The product type displays the Product Type you entered when creating the product. Similarly, the product brand displays the Product Vendor you entered when creating the product.
The availability options are as follows...
- Display the text "In Stock" our "Out of stock". This depends on the inventory tracking that you have on a product variation. If the product doesn't have stock tracking enabled, it will display as "In Stock". If a product has multiple variations, then the text is updated to reflect the variation that has been selected.
- Display the amount of products that you have in stock. This depends on the inventory tracking that you have on a product variation. If a product has multiple variations, then the text is updated to reflect the variation that has been selected.
- Don't display. This option hides the section on all product pages.
Quantity, Note, and Checkbox fields
You can toggle the display of each of these sections. The quantity field is especially useful if you see lots of small items. It allows your customer to add several products to cart in one go.
The note field can be enabled, or disabled, and you can also edit the text displayed next to it. If your customers adds text to the field, it can be seen on the cart page once a product has been added to cart. When an order has been placed, you can see the text on the View Order screen in your store's Toolbox.
The checkbox field can perform many functions. In our demo store it is used to ask the customer if they want free gift wrapping. You are able to disable this field and/or edit the text that appears next to the checkbox.
Enabling Social Media Sharing
Enables Facebook, Twitter, Fancy and Pinterest buttons
Displaying extra content in tabs
You can additional content in tabs on your product page. More information can be found at Displaying tabs on product pages
Enabling Product Reviews
Yotpo helps Spiffy store owners generate a ton of product reviews which we help you use to drive new traffic and sales through social, email and other channels. Yotpo is free and takes 5 minutes to install.
To activate Yotpo reviews, you'll need an account from Yotpo ( http://yotpo.com ). Once you have an account, you'll need to get your API key from Yotpo to enter into your store's Toolbox.
More information can be found at Setting up Yotpo reviews
Displaying Related Products
You can enable or disable the display of related products. Related products are displayed based on the tags that you add to your products. See Product Tags above.